For information on the Mac One Touch, please click on Biblesoft:Mac One Touch
- Place the Thumb Drive in a USB slot. These are normally located in the front or on the side or your computer.
- A window will appear saying “Auto Play ONETOUCH”. Click on Open folder to view files and a new window will appear.
- Double left click on the file that appears.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once you click on Finish, your program has been installed and you can start studying.
- Take the thumb drive out and store it in a safe place.
Note for Windows 8, 8.1 & 10 Users - If nothing comes up, then press and hold the Windows Key and then press “E”. (The Windows Key is in the last row of keys on the Keyboard; usually two keys from the left or right of the Space Bar.) Pressing and then releasing these 2 keys together will open a File Explorer window. Next, click on the ONETOUCH that should appear on the left side of the File Explorer window.
Note - If you have two files, then start with #1 as this is your main library. After that, proceed with any remaining files, such as #2, #3 and so on, repeating these same steps until all files have been installed.
It can help to open up your program right after installing anything. This is not just on any upgrade files you may have received, but with any new Add-On's you purchase afterwards. Restarting your computer is a good rule whenever you install any new programs as this will refresh your computer.
Another thing you can try is to close down the Setup Helper right away by clicking on End Helper. You can then open up the Setup Helper by taking your cursor to the top of the screen and click on Options; Setup Helper will appear at the top of the list that appears.
Program hangs after installing One Touch PC Study Bible
On some systems with high resolution screens, if the magnification set on Windows is greater than 200%, it is possible that the program may appear to be hung. To solve this problem, reduce your display's magnification below 200%. At that point, you should see a registration or login-in box on your screen. Once you are past this box, you can return your screen to your desired magnification. To chance your screen magnification, follow these steps:
- Minimize all your windows so that you can see the desktop.
- right-click on any blank spot on the desktop.
- Choose "Display settings".
- On the page that displays, you should see something like "Change the size of text, apps, and other items". Click on the box and choose one of the listed percentages.
Uninstalling One Touch PC Study Bible
On some systems with high resolution screens, if the magnification set on Windows is greater than 200%, it is possible that the uninstaller may appear not to run. Usually it is running, but not showing. To solve this problem, reduce your display's magnification below 200%. At that point, you should see the uninstall window on your screen. After running the uninstall, you can change the magnification back. Use the steps in the previous section to change the magnification on your screen.
The first screen you will see is the One Touch Start Screen. This screen will allow you quick access to the most commonly used areas of the One Touch program along with Features such as the Biblesoft Blog, Smart Verse and the Smart App.
Click on the tile Start Studying to open up your One Touch program.
The Search features, such as the Concordance and Global Search, has been replaced with the new Smart Search. This feature allows you to search for a single topic or verse and will produce several results in different categories. Once you have the results, click on the Category at the top to narrow in to a specific area on that topic. The Smart Search can be found in the upper right corner of the main program window or at the top of the Start Screen.
If you prefer the older Concordance or Global Search, then you can take your cursor to the top and then click on Study Tools and you will find the Global Search in the list that appears. Concordance can be found under the Bookshelf list under Study Tools.
the Smart Tools is the name for the many and versatile features you can use while in a Bible, Commentary, Dictionary/Encyclopedia and so on. This icon, a hammer and screwdriver, will tell you what Tools are available for the Title you are in. For example, Bible will allow different features like Add a Pane while an Interlinear Bible, from the Greek and Hebrew Category, won't. Click on the icon for Smart Tools and a pane with an explanation will pop out. Click on the icon again to hid the Pane.
Quick Access to Categories
If you are familiar with PC Study Bible then you know there were icons at the top for such things as Bibles, Commentaries, Topics, Greek and Hebrew Resources, and General Books. This icons are still there, but they have changed. Clicking on the icon for each Category will produce a list with titles in that Category or in the case of the Bibles Category, you get a window that allows you to bring up a specific verse, see the Outline of the chapters and Verses or go directly to any Parallel Passages.
Copy and Clear
PC Study Bible and One Touch have an amazing feature. Say you want to copy a set of text in John 3:16 from the NIV, the NASB and the NKJV. if your program is in Append Mode, then you can copy all three over to your document or sermon at the same time. But this can require you to clear out these verses. So not only do you need a Copy icon, but a Clear icon. One Touch places these icon's in the upper right area of the program window, just to the left of where it says Start Studying.
Change the Devotional
Use the instructions below to change the Devotional:
- Open One Touch.
- Take your cursor to the top and click on Option.
- Click on Desktop Options and a window will appear.
- Select the Devotional you want and click on Okay.
- The change should happen automatically and if you are in the Devotional area, you will see it.
Change the Default Bible
Use the instructions below to change your Default Bible:
- Open One Touch.
- Take your cursor to the top and click on Option.
- Click on Setup Helper and a window will appear.
- Click on Next and you will get a list of the Bibles in your program.
- Follow any instructions on the screen.
- When you are finished, click on End Helper and any changes made will be saved.
- Open up a Bible and see if the first Translation is the one you choose.
- If this doesn't work, then try going over the instructions again.
Note - You can use the Setup Helper for more than just your Bible Translation. Click on Next to see everything you can change.
If you are still needing help, then you can click on Help at the top and then on Help again. this will bring up a set of Articles on how to navigate in One Touch and explain the various functions of your program. You can also contact Biblesoft Technical Support directly at email@example.com.
For help with any issues that may come up while running One Touch, please click on Biblesoft:OneTouchHelp