Frequently Asked Questions
This page holds answers to commonly asked questions. If you have a question that is not answered here, contact us.
- 1 Do you have direct numbers to your different departments?
- 2 When will my order ship?
- 3 How do I cite a title from PC Study Bible in my own written work?
- 4 What operating systems does PC Study Bible run on?
- 5 How can I get the Copy Macro, or Scripture Insert, to work with Word?
- 6 Does PC Study Bible work on Windows 8 or 8.1?
- 7 What's the purpose of logging in every time I want to make a purchase or download a program update?
- 8 How do I log in if I'm an existing customer?
- 9 How do I create an account if I'm a new customer?
- 10 Where do I find the download link for the product I just purchased?
- 11 How do I find my Version 5 upgrade options?
- 12 How can I tell what program library and version I'm registered with?
- 13 Do you support older versions of PC Study Bible?
- 14 Do you support add-ons for older versions of PC Study Bible?
- 15 What is your procedure for returning products?
Do you have direct numbers to your different departments?
Yes. The Customer Service direct line is 1-206-707-8420 and the direct line to Technical Support is 1-206-824-8360. Long-distance charges may apply.
When will my order ship?
Orders placed to be shipped can take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks before they leave our facility.
How do I cite a title from PC Study Bible in my own written work?
For copyrighted material, you may be required to request permission from the company that holds the copyright on the title you want to use.
For public domain works, the Biblesoft copyright is specific to the electronic database that we sell, not the text itself. If you are quoting from a public domain reference work produced by Biblesoft, there is no need to get permission from us or to cite our copyright (unless they are quoting from supplemental text or information that we added to the text). Out of courtesy, you can mention that you found the information through our resource.
Because "supplemental text or information we added" can be varied, it is safe to quote the location you got it from and make sure you are not using more than 5000 characters per quoted section. This ONLY pertains to Public Domain references that are obtained through Biblesoft programs.
To locate any Copyright information:
1. Go to the title you want to cite inside your program.
2. Click on the Copyright icon in the small toolbar at the bottom. This will be a C with a circle around it.
3. The information that appears is the information you should use in your citation or directions on how you need to obtain permission from the holders of the copyright.
Fair Use can allow for some additional freedom and we encourage you to read up further using the link below: https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use
What operating systems does PC Study Bible run on?
PC Study Bible will only work on a Windows operating system, but you can get it to run on a Mac or Linux system using cross over software by Parallels, Code Weaver or VMWare.
For more information on how to get PC Study Bible on a Mac OSX, click here Biblesoft:Mac
For more information on how to get PC Study Bible on a Linux system, click here Biblesoft:Linux
How can I get the Copy Macro, or Scripture Insert, to work with Word?
We have an entire section for this feature that includes installation for Word 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. You can get to this area by clicking on Biblesoft:Macros.
Does PC Study Bible work on Windows 8 or 8.1?
If you are running Windows 8 or 8.1 on a traditional desktop or laptop computer, then you should be able to get it to install and run. There are Windows 8 and 8.1 systems that have been built to run on Surface devices and tablets. There is no guarantee that PC Study Bible will install or run on a Surface Pro 3 or earlier and it will not run on a tablet even if it is running windows 8 or 8.1. If you do get PC Study Bible to run on a touchscreen device, then you should know that you will need to get a USB mouse to access every part of your program.
What's the purpose of logging in every time I want to make a purchase or download a program update?
One of the advantages of our store site is the ability to log in and manage your own account information, review your past orders and download or even re-download add-on purchases. By maintaining your most current information, you will always remain informed of current updates for your program as well as all that is new and on sale at Biblesoft.
How do I log in if I'm an existing customer?
How do I create an account if I'm a new customer?
Click "sign-in", located in the top-right corner of the store. On the next page, fill in your login info in the "Create an Account" section.
Use the instructions below to retrieving download files from "My Account"
- Log into your account at the Biblesoft store
- Click on Order History and Details.
- Go to the order and click on the Order Reference (which are a series of 8 letters); order details will appear below the history.
- Scroll to and click on Download and the file will start downloading. If you don't see a green Download button, then try clicking on the file name itself.
Each browser has a different way of accessing downloads:
- Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer use the Ctrl+J keys on your keyboard.
- Safari uses the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+L.
In many cases, downloads go to the Download folder and can be access there. To get to your Downloads folder:
- Click on Start. For Windows 8/8.1 Users - press and hold the Windows Key and then press âEâ. (The Windows Key is in the last row of keys on the Keyboard; usually two keys from the left or right of the Space Bar.) Pressing and then releasing these 2 keys together will open a File Explorer window.
- Look for something called Downloads in the left hand column.
- Click on Downloads.
- Look for the file name that appears when the download starts.
- Double click on the file to open the installation
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete installation.
How do I find my Version 5 upgrade options?
How can I tell what program library and version I'm registered with?
When logged in, and on your preferred customer page, your library code and version number will appear directly under your login identity.
- The library codes are:
- P = Professional Reference
- A = Advanced Reference
- C = Complete Reference
- R = Reference Plus
- N = New Reference
- D = Discovery Reference
Version numbers will run between 2 and 5. If you see a combined version number such as 35 or 45, it means you are registered with the previous version library content and the current Version 5 program-only upgrade.
Do you support older versions of PC Study Bible?
We only support OneTouch PC Study Bible on Windows 10 and Mac OSX High Sierra and Mojave.
We only support PC Study Bible Version 5 on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. Version 5 support will officially end on March 1, 2021.
We do not support older versions of PC Study Bible at all. However, you can upgrade to the current version of OneTouch PC Study Bible by making sure you are logged in, and go to the Upgrades category in the store.
Although we no longer offer technical support on Versions 2 & 3, you can still find articles by clicking on Biblesoft:PC Study Bible V2 & 3
Do you support add-ons for older versions of PC Study Bible?
Although most add-ons will work with earlier versions of PC Study Bible, we do not support old versions of the software (see above), nor do we provide a list of which add-ons will work with which versions of PC Study Bible. Add-ons are official supported only on PC Study Bible Version 5 and OneTouch PC Study Bible.
What is your procedure for returning products?
For our Return Policy, please click here.